Wednesday, January 28, 2009

Hello to everyone

This is a blog by the director of a high-performance computing lab who hates computers. Indeed, I don't even know how to switch the darned things on. Indeed, isn't it frustrating when you get a new desktop and a large book of instructions only to find out that the very first thing - switching it on - is not in the book anywhere. This has completely stymied me in the past.

Anyway, luckily I have a team of real experts (students/postdocs etc) who do know how to switch a computer on, so all I have to do is sit behind my desk with my (virtual) fat cigar and comment on their plots and results with a smirk on my face. Then they are the ones smirking when I can't stop Word from overwriting on my file.

This blog (we'll see who ever reads it) will contain insalubrious comments about professional life in science, and molecular biophysics in particular. We'll see if it goes anywhere, or whether I will need student help to switch it off definitively.

No comments:

Post a Comment