..of papers in Environmental Microbiology in 2010 can be found here.
These are my favourites:
* Done! Difficult task, I don't wish to think about constipation and faecal flora during my holidays! But, once a referee, always and anywhere a referee; we are good boy scouts in the research wilderness. Even under the sun and near a wonderful beach.
*This paper is desperate. Please reject it completely and then block the author's email ID so they can't use the online system in the future.
*The biggest problem with this manuscript, which has nearly sucked the will to live out of me, is the terrible writing style.
*I usually try to nice but this paper has got to be one of the worst I have read in a long time.
*Well, I did some of the work the authors should have done!
* I feel like a curmudgeon, but I still have problems with this paper.
* The lack of negative controls. . . . results in the authors being lost in the funhouse. Unfortunately, I do not think they even realize this.
* Reject – More holes than my grandad's string vest!
* The writing and data presentation are so bad that I had to leave work and go home early and then spend time to wonder what life is about.